Underground Utility Surveys help determine the exact location and depth of underground services which can significantly increase the success of construction/civil engineering projects.
Few of the benefits of underground utility surveys:
- Help minimise hazards to workers and the public
- Help engineers decide on the route of new utility services
- Minimise the risks of damaging the existing underground utility services
- Reduces or avoid costly repairs
- Help civil engineering/construction companies with their design and planning
- Non-intrusive investigation method that provides utility records of the entire survey area as opposed to slit trenching, an intrusive investigation method that provides utility details in only small part of the survey area
We can tailor-made our underground utility mapping to suit each client’s requirements. Our full underground utility surveys involve the adoption of these cutting edge equipment and survey practice:
- The use of service providers record maps (ESB, GNI etc.)
- Manhole Opening and Logging
- Establishing the connections between Manholes with the aid of Sonde and Tracer
- Use of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) to detect buried objects/features
- Use of CAT & Genny to detect buried cables and most conductors
- Site Mark Up of findings from the GPR and CAT scan
- Storage of site observations with the help of high-precision Global Positioning System (GPS)
The site observations can be sent to clients in AutoCAD and Pdf format.
Our underground utility mapping solutions meet the standards set by British Standards Institution PAS 128.